Friday, October 30, 2009

HUGE Update.

Well... there is a lot to be told...

First of all. I am absolutely in love with my job. I do so much everyday. I work with people and for people all day long. I'm absolutely exhausted when I'm done, but it's soooo worth it. I find new challenges and most everything is an adventure.

Second of all. I have taken on a second job. The reason will be explained later in the post. I now also work at Sur La Table. It's seasonal, but fun. Not to mention the obligatory employee discount on all kinds of cool kitchen stuff... including knives :) Things bought so far: Ceramic peeler, digital thermometer, and the book "The Food Lover's Companion". There are so many more things to come... and basically everyone is getting gifts from there this Christmas...

Thirdly. This is the big news. I have postponed culinary school indefinitely. I may go someday... but for now I'm getting all the information I need. Also, since I have a bachelor's degree, if I ever wanted to get into any sort of Culinary Management (i.e. - Executive Chef), there's a very good chance my degree and experience combined would be qualify. Chef has agreed to teach me all that he knows and work with me to make sure I know all that I need to know. I feel fortunate every day that I was placed in the situation I am in. So so fortunate.

What does this mean for Paris? Oh it will still happen. Just not through an internship. Which I think I may like a little better.

My sister has officially moved down from Canada and her daughter and husband are to follow soon. Which brings me to the second job. Not only am I trying to get some bills paid down, but my mom, my sister and her family, and myself got a new house! We will be renting one of the old mansions near downtown starting November 13th. Exciting stuff!! I didn't necessarily get the job at Sur La Table initially because of that, but I'm sure it will be a tremendous help!

The house is beautiful and sister and I are already scheming about Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations inside and out... we even perused the very few Christmas items that were already out at Wal-Mart. I love fall and I love the holidays. Anyway, it's 5 bedroom, 1 bath, hardwood floors, lots of original character, and has a lovely backyard for lots of planting and barbecuing... not to mention a gourmet kitchen complete with convection oven :D

Life is so grand right now. I mean, I have two jobs that I absolutely love and everything else is just going oh-so-well.

The only thing that's missing are a few of my very closest friends, but distance doesn't change much... it just creates a longing to see them once again :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so excited for you! I miss talking to you. Come visit me next time you are down this way.

    ReplyDelete